South Africa ICT Headline Roundup, October 2015 – January 2016
A recap of national ICT headlines from the past 4 months.
- Finding the ‘winning formula’: Mobile journalism in South Africa | Media news
- Official Google Africa Blog: Music to our ears! Google Play Music Comes to South Africa
- What’s wrong with the Cybercrimes Bill – The Seven Deadly Sins!
- WhatsApp vs SMS: how much a message costs
- Tshwane free Wi-Fi reaches a million users | TechCentral
- Mxit is closing its doors
- Why MTN hates WhatsApp
- City of Joburg launches municipal entity for free internet deployment – htxt.africa
- Ex-Absa CEO in home fibre venture | TechCentral
- #DearMrPresident: South Africans Write to President Zuma on Twitter · Global Voices
- Vodacom ordered to stop advertising LTE network as ‘4G’
- Didata, Naspers JV sets out Wi-Fi plans | TechCentral
- Broadband infrastructure to push S Africa, continent’s growth
- Broadband Infraco begs for gov’t bailout | TechCentral