IDRC: Innovations for ICTs in Africa
The Connectivity Africa program is funded by Canada’s IDRC. The main points of the video is to highlight what the organization provides for Africa.
- Connectivity & Health: The use of PDAs & access points in Uganda, telemedicine in Algeria allows videoconferencing between hospitals and rural communities, treating HIV patients in South Africa
- Internet for Universities: ‘Mesh networks’
- Connectivity & Universities: AfNOG and Ubuntunet
- Information Systems for Health: OASIS (Open Architecture and Standards for Information Systems in Health)
- Applications for Education: AVOIR and POLLES – open source software management, microfinance systems
Check out http://www.youtube.com/connectivityafrica for more.