Video: Ministerial Meeting on the Transformational Power of ICT for Africa
Although posted back on May 13th, this video is still new (and has only averaged 2 views per day). The World Bank sponsored eTransform Initiative seeks to leverage the power of icts to transform lives in developing countries. Watch the video to learn about the details of the initiative, but some talking points are listed below:
- there are over 3 million mobile phones in developing countries
- knowledge is not in one place – how can we tap into this fact?
- the initiative connects with experts across all fields with businesses and individuals
- public sector needs to see value; private needs to then come in
- 3 pillars of initiative are 1) peer-to-peer network, 2) knowledge bank, 3) fast-track fund
- one result is more efficient business practices and better transparency